Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Birthdays Galore

For the next two months it is a crazy time for us with birthdays. When the call went out for us to create cards for the Fiskars "Card a Day" them for this month I thought it was a perfect way for me to stay on top for this month. I always try and get cards to everyone on time.. though last year things went a little haywire with my pregnant brain..lol..this year I vowed that we wouldn't miss anyone and that they would all be handmade cards. There is nothing I love better than creating cards for family and friends... so here they are.

Happy Birthday Card
My daughter's best friend, Rachel, is turning twelve this month.
**HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHEL**
We have become good friends with the family and spend a lot of time with Rachel. Because of this I wanted to make her a card sending her best wishes. Creating cards for this ages range can sometimes be a challenge not make then not too "babyish". Played around with some scraps to create the card. Then added some bling to finish it off, as all girls LOVE bling ! lol. Here it is:

Products used:
Heidi Grace - Pocket Scraps - Inspire Me
Heidi Grace Clear Stamps
Fiskars Clear Stamps
Versamark Ink
Stazon Ink
Kaiser Gemstones

4 U Card
My husband's Opa has his birthday next month.
**HAPPY BIRTHDAY OPA**
Because I vowed to stay ahead, I decide to make him a card for his birthday. It can be hard sometimes creating cards for older people and especially older males. So.. I went digging through my scraps and mixed things up to make this card. Why not use up some of your older stash to create some cards too.

Products used:
Heidi Grace - Pocket Scraps - Daydreamer Range
Ruler Scrap Paper
MM Noteworthy Scrap
Metal Rimmed Tag
Book Page
Versamark Ink
Stazon Ink
Buttons
Floss
Dimensional Magic

Cake Card
Once again we have another teenage birthday coming up.
**HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELISA**
Why is it that cards for this age group can be so card to create ??? lol.. Perhaps its just the age group in general. So dug out some bright girly paper, a flower, some bling and set to work. It wasn't as hard as what I thought once I got started. Why not have a play with some bright bold colours today.

Products used:
Heidi Grace - Pocket Scraps - Girlfriend's
Heidi Grace Clear Stamps
Heidi Swapp Gemstones
Prima Flower
Versamark Ink
Stazon Ink

Make a Wish Card
This month it is the birthday of one of our Fiskars Ambassadors, Dawn Stan. She is an amazing inspiration and does some amazing work. She is very dedicated to Fiskars and it is a pleasure to work along side her.
**HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAWN**
Lyn, Lead Ambassador, asked us to create cards for her big *40* birthday. The idea Lyn had was to create 40 cards for her. Such a great idea that I couldn't help but join the challenge. Played around with some Fiskars and Heidi Grace punches for this one. Was so much fun to play with them as I hadn't had them out for a while.
Here's my card:

Products used:
Heidi Grace - Marina Drv Range
Heidi Grace Clear Stamps
Kaiser Gemstones
Kaiser Pearls
Versamark Ink
Stazon Ink
Bazzill Scrap for tag

For You Card
Yet another birthday for us next month. This time around it is my husbands Oma's birthday. I wanted to make sure we didn't miss her birthday this month. She lives in a nursing home now. I wanted to card to reflect how much we love her and not just say "Happy Birthday". This paper range was perfect for that.
**HAPPY BIRTHDAY OMA**

Products used:
Heidi Grace - Love Blossoms Range
Heidi Grace Clear Stamps
Kaiser Gemstones
Versamark Ink
Stazon Ink
Dimensional Magic
Bazzill Scrap
Kindy Glitz

With All My Heart Card
A special card for a special man in my life, my darling husband Troy. He is my rock and I don't know what I would do without him.
**HAPPY BIRTHDAY TROY**
Since I started scrapbooking I have made him a card for every occasion we have shared. He had gotten used to seeing a home made card sitting on his pillow for him on our special days. I love creating these cards as I know they are made with love. Why not make up a card to show that special person in your life that you love them.

Products used:
Heidi Grace - Marina Drv Range
Heidi Grace Clear Stamps
Twine
Book Page
Versamark Ink
Stazon Ink
Bazzill Scrap for tag

Cheers and Happy Scrapping,
M x

No comments: