Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sharing the Fiskars Love Around



In an earlier post I mentioned about the appeal that was put out to the scrapbooking and card making community to create LO's for the Victorian Fire Victims. When I got the email from Julie Stone, who does the Southern Cross Kids Camps that I supply LO's for each year, about this appeal I knew that I had to help out. I was determined no matter how busy I am with school runs, playgroup, DT work, a 7 week old and a 23 mth old at home, and the general day to day tasks that we all have, that I was going to get some LO's made up.

I am lucky enough to work with an amazing team at Fiskars. I am supplied with amazing tools and products for the crops I host here in Adelaide, South Australia. I am also sent new products and tools to play with for my personal use. It was because of this wonderful team that I have developed my scrapbooking style and confidence to share what I know and love.

So with that in mind, I raided my Fiskars cupboard for inspiration and paper supplies. I began pulling out all the bright and bubbly papers to work with. I felt that these would be appropriate to cheer the fire victims up in their time of need. I also felt it would help them to create LO's to remember the happy time they need to focus on at this time.

I pulled out some of the older paper ranges such as Heidi Grace - Loving You, Inspire Me, Meadow, and Love Blossoms. I also decided right from the start to work with the sketch that was offered to use as a starting point so that I was able to create LO's that were similar, but tweaked a bit, to create in such a large quantity. Then with a little help from some ink, my cricut machine, a pile of different Heidi Grace and Fiskars Clear Stamps, Kindy Glitz and other bits and pieces I set to work. I must say that I didn't realise how many I had created until I started to count them all up at the end. I think that I even shocked myself ! It too me about 10 hours all together, but I got them all done and bagged up ready to go. I even bagged up a few extra kits I had laying around from old previous crops for them to play with.

So here is what 100.... YES !! you read correctly.. 100 LO's look like....Kinda hard to take a "group" picture of all the LO's.. My kitchen table was over flowing...lol.. I now understand why I felt so stuffed when they were all done..


I am so happy to be able to provide LO's for this cause. With the donations of money, toys, clothing and the offer of accommodation my family has made to the appeal I feel that we have all been able to help out just that little bit. Remember if you wish to donate LO's to the Victorian Fire Victims Appeal to check out this site for more information:

http://sares1911.wordpress.com/

I hope that everyone that is still at risk, stays safe. I also pray for rain and change in weather conditions to help them out. Remember that we are all thinking of you at this time.

Cheers M x

No comments: