Tuesday, June 16, 2009

When the sun disappears for a day

The weather here in Adelaide for the last few weeks has been on and off nice and horrible. Whenever the weather is miserable with a capital "M" I tend to try and not get myself down. I am not much of a miserable weather type of person. Rain is good .. though as far as I am concerned.. NOT when I am out in it..lol.. Plus the fact that having 4 kids stuck inside when the weather is bad isn't much fun either. We are a very much outdoor family and the rain can be a real inconvenience. lol..

So for me a perfect way to get my mind off of miserable weather is to scrap photos of sunny weather. During my recent spring clean I found some photos my Mum had given me of one of there many trips up to visit me when I lived in Cairns. I popped it into a pile of photos to scrap one day. Well a few days ago the weather was one of those big "M" days.. and out came this photo to scrap. So while I was crapping I was able to transport myself to the sunny beach that my Mum was on. I was almost able to hear the waves crashing and feel the sea salt on my skin.

So here's what I came up with:



Products used:
Kimberley Poloson paper range and clear flourish stamp.
Chipboard Embellishment from Ink by Steph

I was able to give my new friend, Fiskars Scalloped Heart Squeeze punch, a work out on this layout. I am still loving this punch. I especially love using it with book paper and popping a title over the top. I even pulled out my embossing plates to dry emboss the background cardstock then lightly sanded to reveal the core colour.

Why not have a play around with some of your stash and see if you can scrap a layout about the changing seasons.

Cheers M x

No comments: