Thursday, July 12, 2012

Love is... Faber Castell and Helmar together



Hello all, Michelle here from Adelaide, South Australia.

The weather here has been perfect for crafting.

So with a little help from some Helmar and Faber Castell I had a fun time playing with lots of texture and colour.

Who would have thought that Faber Castell Gelatos could be so much fun.
Not having had a chance to play with them before I really wanted to test them out.
And I must say.. I was not disappointed with what I was able to achieve.

By creating the main part of my title using a hand cut template and some texture paste I was able to create a nice base. I then used some Faber Castell Gelatos to colour and blend directly onto the texture paste once it was nice and dry. I love the effect that I was able to get and Faber Castell Gelatos were a perfect match for the texture paste. They adhered and blended nicely.

I was also able to finish off the centre of my title by hand colouring the title using a Faber Castell Aquagrip Aquarelle and blended it using water. It really made the title have pop and texture with very little effort.

Now.. I absolutely love to hand cut and water colour as some of you may know. I find it quite relaxing. With a little help from some Faber Castell Aquagrip Aquarelles I was able to colour away to my hearts continue with ease. They really do create a nice smooth finish to the water colour look.
Then with a little help from Helmar I gave the flowers and leaves some dimension by using some Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to adhere them down at various heights.


And if you look real close... I have adhered contrasting seed bead to the centre of the flowers using some Helmar Gemstone Glue.

And if you take a closer look at the background of the layout I have used my napkin technique and my Helmar Acid Free Glue to create the base of my layout. I also gave the edges of the layout a bit of a shimmer by blending the edges with my Faber Castell Gelatos and water... gave a nice shimmery look to the edges.

And here's the full layout.

Lots of colour and dimension. But the best bit was...
I made lots of mess and had a blast trying out some fun techniques with Helmar and Faber Castell.

Why not give some a try and have fun playing around.

TFL, M x

1 comment:

Jo Baker said...

WOW Michelle - some awesome techniques in there - love the vibrancy of those colours!