Friday, June 14, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Layout of the Week - Week 1

 
 
I am pleased to bring you this week the first look at the kit I played around with this week.

 
Now.. I must say.. the kit is very bright, bubbly and a bit girlie looking.
However don't let that scare you off of grabbing all these goodies!
 
Now as most of you may have seen with the work I have created for Mad About Scrappin, I do like to mix up my styles a bit and push myself to create layouts from paper that people wouldn't normally expect.
 
So with that in mind I decided to create a layout of my son... YES !! my son !! using this range of bright pinks, oranges and orange retro looking papers. I don't feel that those colours should be limited to just girlie layouts.
 
I used 1/4" x 9" strips of the mixed patterned paper to create a woven background on the textured white card stock. I then used the card stock butterflies in the pack, lay them where I wanted them and lightly misted the while layout with some Mr Huey's Black Mist.
 
Some areas I did heavier than others and when the chipboard butterflies where lifted up they left a perfect masked image for the background.
 
I then stamped more butterflies onto scraps of the patterned paper and misted butterflies as part of my embellishment clusters.
Added a bit of bling with pink glitter alphas for the main part of my title and pink sequins to the centre of the chipboard butterflies.
 
I finished the layout off using letter stickers to complete my title.
 
Super easy but quite effective.
 
Who says girlie paper can't look great for a boy layout!
 
Looking forward to sharing with the next Layout of the Week.
 
Happy Scrapping.
 
M x

No comments: