Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Royal Adelaide Show 2013 - The Start

Before I begin I just want to say that this is a very photo heavy post and may take a bit to get through so have split it into two separate posts over two days.
 
Once again I have been a little on the quite front. Apart from my Mad About Scrappin posts that have been going up like clock work every week I haven't been posting about much else at all.
 
I can assure you that behind the scene here prior to the 29th of August it has been a flurry of paper and adhesive going in every direction.
 
The reason behind this I can share with you now as the results are up and the Royal Adelaide Show for 2013 is now in full swing here in Adelaide.
 
I have been busy creating, as I do every year, for the Royal Adelaide Show into the Open Arts and Crafts Section - Scrap booking. I really didn't think that I was going to meet deadlines this year due to personal reasons and mojo going on holidays. However thanks to much help from my Mum and Dad for the time much needed to get things sorted I was able to get all my entries done with two days to spare. I was even lucky enough to get places for a few of my entries, which surprised me considering the mad rush and what not.
 
So enough dribble and here is my layout entries.

Class 437- Children - Entry 1
 
 
Class 437- Children - Entry 2
 
 
 
Class 438- Travel - Entry 1  
 
 
Class 438- Travel - Entry 2 - Second Place
 
 
Class 439- Wedding/Special Occasion - Entry 1

 
Class 439- Wedding/Special Occasion - Entry 2

 
Class 440- Heritage/History - Entry 1 - First Place

 
Class 440- Heritage/History - Entry 2


Class 441- Open Subject - Entry 1 - First Place

 
Class 441- Open Subject - Entry 2  



Class 442- Journaling Only - Entry 1 

 
Class 442- Journaling Only - Entry 2



Will be back tomorrow to share with you the cards and off the page items I created too.
 
Big sigh of relief that it is all over and done with for another year.
 
TFL, M x






 

1 comment:

amanda hall said...

well done Michelle - some beautiful creations there! You should be proud of what you have made under pressure. Do you find the judging very particular/ pedantic with no room for art with the show? A friend of mine made something for a CWA competition once and got points off as you could apparently see the 'glue' holding the epoxy dots together (they were the Kaisercraft ones which actually come in a line all joined up already!)

Great work - stunning.