Friday, September 27, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Layout of the Week - Week 16

 
Hello again everyone.
 
Very excited to be back to share with you again this week. Have been very lucky this week to be able to play with a very bright and cute paper range from Echo Park called "A Perfect Summer".
When I saw this at the Mad About Scrappin's Flog It Friday Sale I was hoping that I would get a chance to play with it.
 
So here's what I have created for you this week.
  I love the bright carefree feel to this paper range. Really makes me wish that summer was here already. I teamed my layout up with some plain paper and card stock this week as I felt the papers were bright enough as they were.
 I also tried to use as many of the patterns as possible. I found the patterns so easy to work with and really help to tell my beach story.
 
 Now I was lucky enough to also be able to play around with the sticker sheet that is also available in the range. I am not usually a sticker person. However this range made it super easy to turn some of the stickers using 3D foam table into embellishments for my layout. I love these little brown paper envelopes too. They make a cute little hidden pocket for some journal and help with the beach feel.
 
A tip for you too.. just because the sticker is one thing doesn't mean it has to stay that thing. Think outside the box a little! I did and with the help from a ribbon rose, some floss and a button I was able to create my own embellishment. I love the end result and the dimension it has added to my page.
 
Once again I haven't had to create my own title for this page thanks to a little bit of help from some scrap paper and one of the banner stickers from the sticker sheet. The best bit is that it matched perfectly with the layout with little effort from myself!
 
So there you go.
 
A summery layout created quick and easy with a little help from Echo Park and Mad About Scrappin.
 
Are you looking forward to summer as much as I am ?
 
Get creative with your stash while you wait.
 
TFL, M x

No comments: