Friday, June 27, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 26


Welcome to another week of sharing on behalf of Mad About Scrappin.

This week I will be sharing with you another creation using this Photo Freedom kit by Echo Park.

Now this week I decided to create a layout using photos that aren't really perfect photos and have so many different colours in them that they may have normally not been the best to use as a feature on a layout. However I still believe that the tell a story. They capture a moment in time that is priceless and needs to be recorded no matter what they look like. So I cleaned the photos up and printed them in black and white to play with them. 

So here what I have created this week. 
I have fun playing around with bits and pieces from this kit this week. I have teamed up this paper range with a piece of dotty kraft card stock to add a little texture to the layout.


I decided to add a stitched border to this layout. I felt it was just "missing" something. Oh and I must say... I LOVE the little paper graph bags from Mad About Scrappin !!!! so much so that after getting some to play with this month I purchased every colour and style they have in store. They are so cute AND the prefect size for photo pocket pages. The make create ways to add some hidden journalling or add some memorabilia you want to add to your page. Best of all they add that little bit extra to your page! I have teamed mine up with some twine, and a few matching stickers from the kit to create this page.

I have also love playing around with the 3'x4' journal cards in this kit this time around too. I created the title for this page on one of the 3'x4' journal cards using a wooden word as the main part of the title and then used some kaiser craft mini alphas to finish it off.

To finish off the last bit of this page I threw on a few Studio Calico chevrons and arrow in cork board. They add to the fun feel of this layout.

Have you checked out the latest products in the Mad About Scrappin store lately ?? 

Till next week.

TFL, M x




No comments: