Saturday, February 27, 2016

Creative Inspiration - Getting messy


Well another week done and this month is at the tail end of being over.
Not too sure where the month went though as it still feels like January to me!

I have a chance to play with some more of my Mad About Scrappin kit featuring the Yippee paper range from Chickaniddy and once again with my Brother Scan n Cut.

So here's this weeks fun and MESSY fun at that layout!
I am still learning with my cutter and working out what I can and can't do.Which svg files work well and which one's just aren't very good design files. I have though, through practice, found some really good stores that sell cut files which is a dream when you are in a hurry. I found this cute arrow background that I cut from a piece of patterned paper that was white backed. I have then used this to add a bit of interest in the background of my layout.

I have run out of white card stock and this paper range didn't really work with vanilla coloured card stock. I felt it just looked too creamy. So with that in mind I got messy and creamed a base that I could work with. I pulled out a mix of glimmer mists and had some fun making a big mess. 

I have to say too that I love the flairs in the kits lately. They match so well with the paper range. I don't have quite as much height to them so they don't look as bulky on a layout as some other brands do too. I have added one to this layout layered on some of the bakers twine and it sits nice and low. 

Well off to get some placement things sorted then to play with next months kit.

Till next time.

TFL, M x




No comments: