Sunday, May 4, 2008

What does scrapbooking mean to me ?

What does scrapbooking mean to me ?

This is a very easy question for me to answer...

Scrapbooking for me is like the air I need to breathe.. the food I need to eat to survive.. and basically it is my whole being...

Okay it may sound a bit dramatic .. but I am very passionate about my scrapbooking. To understand this a bit better you need to understand me a little better.. to do this I will keep brief... well as brief as I can...

From a young age I hide my feelings due to a strained childhood.. children were seen and not heard and the eldest child had huge things expected from them... Leaving home at a young age I learnt that life was tough and not what I had expected...Relationships for me proved to be very detructive to myself being and I was walked all over...While most people experience joy at falling pregnant I unfortunally did not have such lucky feeling the joy only worry and sadness.. I have been blessed to have 3 gorgeous children.. but in order to do so, experienced 2 miscarraiges, 1 premature birth resulting in baby dying and 1 pregnancy having to be terminated due to baby no growing...

When I discovered scrapbooking I had already 2 children. I found that for me scrapbooking was a way to release the feelings that I kept bottled up due to my past. I found that I was able to relive the many happy moments that one tend to forget due to the bad memories taking over.

Another reason I scrapbooked was because my eldest daughter asked about her childhood and the things she had been up to. For me being able to record the major milestones along with the things that may seen small was important. My scrapbook layouts I feel express my emotions and memories of the moment. I also feel that it is another way for me to be able to show my family just how much that I love them.

So.. yes... probably very deep, but it is why I scrapbook and what it means to me. I love being able to help other preserve their memories and express themsleves trough scrapbooking.

Enough said ... Happy scrapping...

M x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly where your coming from when it came to leaving home young and being walked all over and used in relationships. I am sorry you have been through so much with having children, I was lucky in that respect while family around me were losing children too. I didn't cope with that so I can't imagine what it was like for you. I agree with you that scrapping is a great way of showing your family their history and love as it isn't just a picture but the effort you put into highlighting it.

Keep doing what your doing Michelle.

Toni xx