Sunday, April 3, 2011

Birthday Loving with Helmar

Hello everyone..

Back again to share with you all some fun things you can do with Helmar products.
This layout came about because I wanted to try something different with Helmar Acid Free Glue.

I wanted to use the glue to create a unique background on the layout. After a bit of playing around I managed to get it right.

Okay.. so basically I had a stamped image that I wanted to highlight slightly without having to heat emboss the image with embossing powder. I had an old glue pen that I hadn't thrown away, despite the fact it was empty, that I had found while spring cleaning my scrap room a week ago. I gave it a good rinse and filled the pen with some Helmar Acid Free Glue. After testing that it flowed okay through the pen I then used the glue pen to highlight parts of the stamped image that I had watermark stamped into my background card stock. After allowing it to dry I was able to then distress the image with ink. I love the effect it has given me as it has a slightly glossy accent without all the hassle of heat embossing it.

And YES! I used my other favourite Helmar product again to raise the little bunting flags, Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots. So easy to do once they were stitched too.

To see the full layout head over to the Helmar Design Team Blog.

TFL, M x

No comments: