Friday, September 14, 2012

Mad About Scrappin July Kit

A few month's ago I received as my Mad about Scrapping Design Team kit was lots of fun to play with as well as being cram packed with lots of dance themed goodies.
I have been rather naughty and have forgotten to share and have found it buried under a pile of scrapbooking posts.

I was lucky enough to be able to scrap a fellow Helmar Design Team member and friend gorgeous daughter. I would have loved to have been able to scrap my daughter however when I got these photos I couldn't resist. She just looked so angelic. Plus the fact the paper just matched the colour photos perfectly.

For the first layout I actually used some pasteboard as the base. Was perfect for it as I played around with a hand cut butterfly template, texture paste,super fine glamour glitter, glimmer mists and gesso to get the desired effect. I then made my flowers using various punches and the paper from the kit.


The second layout involved lots of background stamping and inking. I was also able to create lots of dimension to the layout using Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to the embellishments. I also finished the layout of by using a journalling pen to make faux stitch lines

For the last layout I played around with some embossing powder to the base card stock. And yes... I did go a little bit crazy on this layout... all the paper patches HAVE been hand stitched !!! Took a while but very happy with the end result. And the sheer flowers had extra dimension added to them. I used the scalloped wire ribbon to make a cup like shape to sit the flower on. Kinda looks like extra petals to the sheer flower.

So.. still have lots of goodies from this kit to play with because it is so crammed packed full of fun things to play with.

Why not check out the Mad about Scrapping shop now...

TFL, M x

No comments: