Sunday, December 2, 2012

Masculine Birthday cards

Seems December was another busy month of birthdays. Has been nice however to be able to take a break from the busyness of Christmas card making to create a couple of cards for birthdays.

Had to create a card for Nate's friends birthday.. kinda struggle at time to create cards for boys. Not that I have problems creating a card for a boy with the colour choices.. just that I don't want to have them looking too girly with the way that I embellish them. So with all this in mind I kept it simple and pulled out some scraps from my stash to create this birthday card.

Love how easy it was to embellish this card with a bit of help from some dew drops, garden twine and a Tim Holtz skull.
I also had a card to create for a special male friend who had his birthday this month too. Pulling out the scraps of some super yummy paper along with some stamps to mix up the background a bit was fun. I also had this cute little digital image that I have been wanting to play with for a while so thought it was perfect to add a bit of humour to this card.


Just a bit of a tip for everyone... if you are using rub ons, as I did for the sentiment and you find them to be very fragile.. go over them with a thin coat of dimensional magic. Not only will it give them a bit of dimension it will hold them in place nicely.

Anyway.. off to get creative..

TFL, M x

No comments: