Monday, February 11, 2013

Challenging myself

Hello again.
 
I am back to share with you a layout using some goodies I was lucky enough to be able to play with on behalf of Helmar and 7 Dots Studio.
 
Now... to share a little secret with you all about me.. very rarely do I use a full sheet of patterned paper as a background for my layouts.. Yes.. I am a little frugal when it comes to patterned paper. I find it very difficult to use a whole sheet of patterned paper for a background.
 
However just for something a little different AND because I have realised after just having moved house recently just how much paper I ACTUALLY have, I thought I would challenge myself a little.
 
So with that in mind I set to work using the "Hopefully" paper range by 7 Dots Studio. The hardest part I had on starting was actually deciding which side of the paper to use !
 
Using my Helmar Adhesive Tape Runner to adhere the larger pieces together certainly made my job just that little bit easier. Plus the fact that it was held in place nicely for me to be able to add a hand stitched border without the worry that the page would fall apart as I was stitching.



The rest of the layout came together easy with the help of some Helmar 450 and Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots. Both products are a match made in heaven for the fiddly bit you want to add to your layout such as twine and small strips of paper.
 
Must say that it was super easy to create dimension on the flags with a little help from Helmar 450 and a paint brush... I folded the centre of the flag over the fatter part of a paint brush to curve it. added a dab of Helmar 450 to the ends only of the flag and secured them to the page where I wanted them. Once I could see that the flag had been secured I removed the paint brush. The end result is that the flag looks like it is flapping in the breeze.

 
The only issue I had when creating this layout was that I had run out of dimensional magic to put on my title. Well... I solved that problem quickly by adding a thin layer of Helmar Gemstone Adhesive to my title with a paint brush. It dries clear and has left the title with a nice glossy accent. Super easy and a great alternate use for such a great product.
 
Products Used:
 
Why not challenge yourself today to play around with products you wouldn't normally use.
 
Happy Scrapping,
 
M x

1 comment: