Saturday, March 1, 2014

March Madness begins with a challenge


So starts another month. 

Michelle here, 

with a new challenge sketch at Mad About Scrappin.

This month's sketch is designed by Creative Team member Crece Thomas.

So without any further ado... here's is my take on the sketch.

I have created this layout using some more of this Photo Freedom kit.

Now for this layout because most of the pieces I have left in this kit are smaller than needed to create the base layer for my layout because I have been  busily scrapping with it I decided to create my own. Grabbing a piece of white untextured card stock I played around with some mists, a Kaiser craft stencil and some kaiser clear stamps to create the base for this layout. I then cut it to size and matted it on a contrasting piece of textured card stock.

Now the ornate frame WAS white. However no matter how much I played around with the embellishments I just couldn't get the frame to work for me. It just looked too stark and just didn't work. So I hit the frame with some of the same glimmer mist I had used for my base and it just worked so much better. I hadn't glimmer misted it when I did the base card stock as I was worried it might get lost in the mix. But because the base has been stamped also it kinda created another layer to the base. Then  to make the frame stand out a little more I have mounted it using 3D foam dots. 

Now I had decided that I wanted to use this journal card as the minor part of the title for this layout because it said exactly what I wanted. However i felt it needed a little more. Using a die cut word available at Mad About Scrappin I was able to finish off the title nicely. The die cut was glimmer misted and lightly stamped the same as the base white card stock to match in perfectly. I then mounted it using 3D foam dots. This helped to show this was the main title with the rest being the subtitle to the layout.

This layout ended up a little brighter than I would normally work with. I must admit that right up until the layout was finished I really didn't like the brightness. However seeing the end result I am quite happy. 

I have loved playing around with this sketch this month.

Why not give it a go. 

Here's the details for you again if you want to play along:

- Challenge is for Australian Residents Only.
- Entries are to be created exclusively for this challenge and must not be used for any other challenge or Design Team work.
- Entries must be added to the link by midnight on the last day of the month.
- Please link to the post that contains your challenge entry, not just your blog.
- A prize will be awarded each month as voted by the Design Team 
& a Random Draw Prize.
- Winners will be announced on the Blog and Mad About Scrappin Facebook Page


No comments: