Friday, April 4, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 14


Hello again.

I have had been rather busy here the last week. We were lucky enough to be able to host another student from Japan for a week. It was nice to be able to share our family with someone else. It was also fun to be able to show our student, Yuzu, some of our favourite places. I was able to get lots of photos to play with too whilst visiting our favourite places. 

The kit Echo Park Kit I have been playing around with these past few weeks was PERFECT for some of the photos from the beach we took on our weekend sightseeing tour with Yuzu.

This week I decided to take a Project Life approach to my layout. There were so many good photos from the day that I wanted to showcase each one in their own little way but still have them all tied together.

So here's this week layout.
I love how bright the papers are and how well they fit with my summery feeling photos. 

For my title I have used two of the 3'x4' journal card spots in the page protector to create the space for my title. By using a mix of patterned paper from the kit, stamping and a vinyl doily I have been able to create my title rather easily. I like how my title sits between the two pocket spaces. It gives a bit of contrast and really helps create the paper as a feature of the layout.

I loved being able to use the arrow shaped clips as embellishments. They make it really easy to highlight something. I have used them on some journal cards that I have stamped and jazzed up with some matching washi tape.  Super easy and yet so effective. 

I love how easily some pattern papers can be used for different types of layout. This particular paper range has some great journal cards too which made using them for Project Life style layout super fun.

Why not get out of your comfort zone and try a different style of layout.

Get Scrapping.

TFL, M x

No comments: