Friday, May 9, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 19


Good Morning All.

Hope that you have had a good start to the month of May.

I have been squeezing in a quick morning of scrapping using some more bits and pieces from this paper range available at Mad About Scrappin.

With Mother's Day this weekend I have been busily creating a card especially for my Mum. 
Have done something a little different this time around with this paper range by Chickaniddy. Rather than focusing on the obvious colours on this paper I have decided to focus on the yellow in the centre of the little blue flowers. I have used a very vivid buttercup yellow from my paper stash to create a 5'x5' size card especially for my Mum. I wanted the card to be nice and bright feeling. However I felt that the navy flowers were a little too dark for what I was chasing. By teaming this with a Project Life bright yellow 3'x4' card I have been able to really brighten it up.

 To then tie in the blue I have added a die cut and glittered butterfly in the same dark blue tones and the navy flowers of the base flowers. I then added some lighter contrast flowers the soften it up a little and create a feminine feel to the card. I love adding flowers to cards as it adds dimension quickly. 

Well off to get the rest of Mother's Day celebrations prepared for my Mum.

To all the Mother's and Grandmother's out there...

I wish you all a magical Mother's Day.

Till next week.

M x

No comments: