Friday, January 23, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Week 4 2015


Hello all.

This week I am sharing with you something a little bit different on behalf of Mad About Scrappin.

Last year I donated two scrap booking vouchers to my girls Calisthenics Clubs raffle. I offered the winner a framed 12x12 layout of a 4'x6' photo of their choice. However..for both of the winners I did end up creating two layouts. Just couldn't help myself !

So this week I am showing you the first of the two framed layouts I have created for one of the lucky winners.

I love how this came out. It was a little bit of challenge at first as the photo had been laminated and was originally A4 in size. Plus the quality of the photo wasn't the best so this involved a little bit of mucking around with the photo in Photo shop Elements to get it to a quality I was happy to scrap with.

So here's the full framed layout I created.

I have started with a base card stock of bright lime green card stock to mat the slightly smaller cobalt blue card stock. Its a little hard to see but the cobalt blue card stock has been embossed with pearl coloured embossing powder using a script stamp as the pattern. 

I have used a mix of patterned paper and some patterned tags from my stash as the base for this layout.I have also used a mix of flowers from Mad About Scrappin and some from my stash to cluster together on the top and both of the layout.

You can see in this photo a bit of a closer photo of the the digital stamps I have used to print onto some white card stock I had cut to 4x6 in size. I have then added some doilies from my stash as the base for the clusters of flowers on the layout. I have then finished off the layout using some pearl coloured sequins to add that little bit of sparkle. 

I have then framed the whole layout using a 12x12 shadow box frame. This means that I have been able to be fairly dimensional with the layout and know that the whole layout is protected by the clear pvc front to the frame.

I have quite enjoyed creating this layout.

Well.. back to some spend family time with my kids.

Till next week.

TFL, M x



No comments: