Friday, March 13, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Week 11 2015


Hello all... 

Well its Friday the 13th... 

No.. I am not superstitious... 

I am however in love with the colours in this paper range by Teresa Collins sent to me to play with by Mad About Scrappin

So with no further ado here's this weeks creation.

The photo I had I really wanted to play with however it just didn't go with the colours in the paper range. So instead I have turned the photo to black and white. I have then stuck to this basic colour scheme and added just a few pops of colour from this paper range. I have also found a super old large playing card in my stash that worked really well as a base for the photo. I have also used a few pops of pink to help this layout have a bit of a feminine feel as it is my three girls I am scrapping about.


I have used washi as a border for the whole layout again. I find this a quick way to add that little extra plus the white card stock looked a bit empty without a border. 
I have also been playing around with different types of paper clips a bit lately and have found the owl shaped office paper clips are perfect to add a bit of washi tape to to make a pennant clip. 
Have added a few to the layout to create some interest here and there.

Yes... I was a little crazy when I designed this layout. I wanted to use hexagons on this page. So I have created hexagons that are 1.5' in size from the patterned paper. Then have created my own pattern as the base for this layout on the white card stock. I have then used some pink floss to add some stitching as a feature on a few of the layouts. Super easy and fun too. To carry the stitched theme I have added some extra stitch lines and then finished the layout off with some acrylic pink alphas from my stash.

I love how this has turned of and had heaps of fun creating this to share.

Well off to enjoy the day.

Till next week.

TFL, M x




No comments: