Saturday, November 28, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Summer Fun Kit


Good afternoon all.

I have been having fun over the past few days working with a new kit that the lovely Leanne has sent me to play with.  It included some of the awesome paper range by Simple Stories - Summer Vibes.
I must say that when I saw this kit I was just a tad excited to be able to play around with it. It is perfect for scrapping this time of the year and I cannot wait to share with you all what I have got planned to use up this kit.

So today I am sharing with you a layout that I have created using one of the 12x12 sheets as the base for the layout... 
I have trimmed the paper just a little to matt it onto some kraft card stock as I felt that I wanted to add some kraft feel to the layout. Plus I quite like adding a little bit of a border to the layout when I am using pattern paper for the base of a layout as I feel it breaks it up a little. 

As you can see to the paper range really does have a real summery vibe to it. I love the mix of the slightly muted bold colours on the wood grain base.

I have also used some wood die cut Polaroid photo frames to showcase the photos on this layout. I printed my photos off as black and white so that they matched well with the papers in the range. 

I added in some journal cards that matched perfectly with their distressed heart pattern colours to the colours in the paper range. The little kraft journal card also helped tie the kraft base to the layout too. I have also hand stitched the layout to add a bit of detail to the layout.

I have  also played around with a mix of washi tapes from my stash which match the paper range to follow the patterned theme on the printed paper base. 

This was such a fun paper range to play with and certainly has a fun summery feel to it. I cannot wait to share with you all the other goodies I have been creating with it.

Till then... I hope that you all get a chance to get creative.

TFL, M x

No comments: