Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fiskars October Monthly Challenge - Punches

I have been raking my brain for the last few weeks as to what to set for this months challenge. For some reason it didn't come to me easily.. but then it may be because of the mad house I am living in at present. Things just don't seemed to be going quite as planned.

For me though it was a welcome relief having the last SA Fiskars Crop here. It gave me a chance to scrap and regain a bit of sanity that I find in scrapbooking. So.. it was while things were a little crazy here that I was remembering that I need to start planning the final details of the next crop. I then remember a conversation that came up during the last crop about punches. We all chatted about the myriad of different type punches that we have all acquired in our scrapbooking life time. I must admit that I was one of the many guilt of having oodles of punches collecting dust in my stash. They really only got a major work out from the kids when they pull them out to scrap. That was, I must say, until Fiskars came out with the squeeze punches. I was REBORN ! LOL. They are such amazing things that I find I have included them into a layout without even giving them a second thought. And don't get me started about the Border punches... I remember...like most of you must... the crazy things we did to get a perfect scalloped edge... though it never quite was perfect.. before my trusty Threaded Water punch made its home here on my scrap desk.LOL.

So you may ask... what has this got to do with this months challenge... Well.. I am getting there I promise. I think that we perhaps at times underestimate our punches and what we can create with them. I decided to pull out some of my many Fiskars Punches (Squeeze and other) to see how I could embellish a layout using my trusty friends. With the help of a few other Fiskars products like rain dots and 3D foam mounts, some Kindy Glitz and gemstones to add some bling I have been able to make my own embellishments for this layout. I must say that I am most happy with the end result.. more so 'cause I made the embellishments myself!

Here it is for you to see for yourself...



Close up of Embellishments

Supply List:
Fiskars : 12-74227097 Squeeze Punches Bling XL
Fiskars : 12-74407097 Squeeze Punches May Flower M
Fiskars : 12-24657097 Pop Up Punches Daisy
Fiskars : 12-24667097 Pop Up Punches Flower
Heidi Grace : Daisy Flower Punch
Heidi Grace Designs: Love Blossoms patterned paper
Heidi Grace Designs: Pocket Scraps Alphas
Cloud 9 Designs : Rain dots
Other: Kindy Glitz, Permanent marker, 3D Foam, Gemstone Flowers and Versamark Ink.


My October challenge to you is simply this:
Dust off your punches and get to work. I would love for you to create a card or a layout making your own embellishments from punches. You can add some little extras like I have, but the embellishments MUST be based around punches. So what are you waiting for... Get Creative !
Whether you "squeeze" your shapes by using one of Fiskars Squeeze Punches, "pop" out a punched shape or two using the Fiskars Pop-Up Punch or even punch to your hearts content using another punch in your stash ... it doesn't matter, we just want to see what you can create using Punches!

Please e-mail your work to fiskarscraft@yahoo.com.au by the end of October to be in to win some awesome Fiskars products and maybe even a cool Fiskars Punch.

I can't wait what everyone comes up with. So dust off your old punches or pull out your new ones and get creating!

Happy scrapping, Michelle x

No comments: