Friday, September 17, 2010

I Resign

Found this today and thought it was fitting for the moment... made me smile and reflect a little. Remember the small things, Keep smiling, and don't let anyone take you for granted. Life is a complicated thing to live. Friendship should equal honest and equality. Enjoy reading this. M xx

I Resign.

I hereby officially tender my resignation as an adult.
I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an eight-year-old again.
I want to go to Mc Donald's and think that it is a four star restaurant
I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make ripples with rocks.
I want to think that M&M's are better than money because you can eat them.
I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summers day.
I want to return to a time where life was simple.
When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables and nursery rhymes
But that didn't bother you, because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you make you worried or upset.
I want to think that the world is fair.
That everyone is good and honest.
I want to believe that anything is possible
I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.
I want to live simple again.
I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork and depressing news,
How to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctors bills, gossip, illness and loss of loved ones.
I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs , kind words, truth, justice, dreams, the imagination, mankind and making snow angels in the snow.
So...
Here's my checkbook and care keys, my credit cards and all my responsibility.
I a officially resigning from adulthood.
And if you want to discuss this further...
You'll have to catch me first,
'cause....
"TAG, YOUR IT!"

No comments: