Monday, December 12, 2011

Getting crafting with the kids for Christmas

This year making cards has been a huge task due to family commitments, Volleyball trip interstate and study commitments adding to the normal hum drum of family life.

I had several bucket loads of cards to get make and time wasn't on our side this year so I enlisted the help of my kids to get them all done. Plus the fact that it was nice for them to be able to tell their friends that they had actually helped make them.

Every year my son give a card to everyone in his class and makes gingerbread people to give them. We made the gingerbread people this weekend and hope to get their button "stuck" on with royal icing through the week.. that is the gingerbread people survive the week with Miss Tarryn on the prowl... she LOVE gingerbread and consumes it like no one I have ever seen!

So.. I order to get Nate's cards all done in record time we decided to keep it simple. Some simple punching and inking and then it would all be done.

While I had precut the main pieces I set Nate to one side with a couple of Fiskars punches (XL Scalloped Circle Punch and L Round and Round Punch), and told him we need 26 of each. He had a jolly old time punching his little heart out!

Now I can tell you will all the stamping that was involved (tree for circle and greeting inside the card) I WAS NOT going to do it all with my little stamp blocks.. the job was made a lot easier by my son Nate being able to use my Fiskars Stamp Factory.. no mess and he was able to do it all by himself as it was a breeze for him to use.

We added a little bit of kindy glitz to the cards and then they were all done in a couple of hours!

And for the Calisthenics girls we went all girlie. Lots of pink, purple and sparkle... what Cali girl doesn't like sparkles!

I had to do these one's myself as Kiah and Tarryn weren't able to help quite as much with these.... they did however choose the papers, add the trees (with a little help) and SUPERVISE... hehehehehehe.

Must say that thanks to Fiskars my card making this year was made a lot easier! Was a breeze to get all these cards made in one day and I am glad to be hanging up my Christmas card making hat for the year!

Happy Festive Season Crafting, M x

No comments: