Friday, October 4, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Layout of the Week - Week 17

Hello all.
 
I have been busy scrapping using some of the Echo Park Paper Co. - A Perfect Summer paper range. I have heaps of photos from a family holiday at the beach from last year that this paper range is perfect for.
 
So here is what I have created this week.
I am loving mixing up the bright patterns as they all really work well together. I have also added a little bit of matching washi tape that I have had in my stash to create a border for this layout. I was finding that having just the plain border just wasn't enough.
 
I used some recycled card to create my hearts. The larger hearts I have covered with some of the paper range and the smaller hearts were covered in the matching washi tape I used for the border to tie it all in together. I didn't feel that the layout needed a huge amount of fancy embellishments as the paper is already so busy.

To add a little more detail I have gone with the heart theme and stitched two larger hearts in matching embroidery floss. It has added that little extra to the layout without taking away from the bright summery feel of the paper range.
 
Well... off to enjoy the rest of the school holidays.
 
Time to hang up my scissors and tape for just one day.
 
TFL, M x

No comments: