Friday, December 27, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Layout of the Week - Week 28

 
Hello all.
 
Wishing you all a very Merry Xmas on behalf of myself and Mad About Scrappin.
 
Back to share with you the last Layout of the Week for 2013. Still hard to believe that we have been doing this for 27 weeks now and that 2013 is almost over.
 
Anyway.. to see 2013 out with a bang I have created a canvas this time for a change as a gift to my two youngest daughters using the last of the Pink Paislee - Cottage Farms paper range.
 
So here's the full canvas. It is 16"x 20" in size.
 I wont go on too much about this and drag this post out during this busy time of the year.
However I must say I had a lot of fun playing around with some napkins, glimmer mist, paint, ink and lots of flowers.
The base of the canvas is actually many layers. I started with a base of napkins in pinks and yellows. Followed by a white wash of paint. Then I used butterfly stencil to part of the base when the napkins where dry using white gesso. I then gave the whole canvas a mist with a few different glimmer mist colours. Then it was stamped with a script stamp and clear stamp using my hand as the stamp pad.
Then the edges of the canvas were inked and blended inwards. Lastly I added some butterflies randomly with Tuxedo Staz on and gave the whole canvas a coat of gloss spray.
 I double stamped a large paper doily using two different coloured inks. Helped to create a background for the dancer.
I also mixed it up with lots of different flowers I had in my stash to the top left and bottom right corners. Also adding in some smaller doilies I had stamped.
The dancer I actually printed onto a scrap of paper and then adhere the coloured paper to the printout and re printed it again so I got the pattern on the patterned paper. I then hand cut it all out and layered it . Added some ribbon to the skirt and finished it off with flowers and kindy glitz. Super easy and didn't require any drawing of a dancer on my part.
 Lastly I added in some flourishes to the floral clusters which I hand cut from some of the Pink Paislee - Cottage Farms paper range.
I must say I had a ball making such a mess. It was a bit of time labour intensive project however because it is such a busy time of year I was able to get little bit done and allow it to dry to do other things.
 
My girls are so happy to have some of my work hanging in their room.. my son has even asked for one..lol...Now to get my thinking cap on to work out what to make him.
 
Enjoy the Christmas season and stay safe.
 
Till next year.
 
TFL, M x

No comments: