Saturday, August 9, 2014

A New Challenge!!!!


How exciting!!!!

As another month starts comes a new challenge at Mad About Scrappin.

However with the new challenge comes a bit a change too.

This month we have a colour challenge !!!!

This is the super yummy palette that we have had to play with!!!

OMG!!! this was so much fun to play with too.

The best bit about this is that you can use the colour palette to create ANYTHING you like.. AND you don't even have to use all the colours... or you could just use the photo as inspiration for what you create!!!!

This month I have created a layout using this colour inspiration.

Here's the full layout.
Yes.. once again I have gone  crazy..lol..

I am not quite sure why I can't just keep it simple and do the basics.. I seem to find a thrill in being able to drive myself nuts. This layout was actually created using 3x4 Project Life cards as my base.

Yes.. I know that it doesn't look anything like 3x4 cards... 

I created the shapes by cutting up 6 different cards into 1 1/4" triangles in the chosen colour scheme. I them adhered one of each of the coloured triangles together to form each shape onto scrap paper. I created 13 shapes from 78 triangles !!! YES !!! very tedious task but I am most happy with the end result.

Using a mix of matching acrylic embellishments I have added another dimension to my page. I had some ticket stubs in my stash that matched perfectly too so I have accented them with some washi tape. 

I finished off the page with some matching sequins and black chipboard hearts. 

I had so much fun creating this layout that I already have plans to play around with the triangle look again. 

Yes... I know CRAZY!!

Look forward to seeing what everyone creates using the colour palette this month.

Don't forget to leave your link on the Mad About Scrappin blog.

TFL, M x

No comments: