Saturday, May 30, 2015

Creating with a kit - September Skies Kit


Back to share with you the first of two kits I have worked with on behalf of Mad About Scrappin.

This is the first of the two that I want to show you called September Skies.
This kit includes the following with full instructions for the 3 above layouts:
4 x Heidi Swapp September Skies Pattern Paper
2 x Cardstock (not pictured)
3 x Flair Buttons

1 x Roll of Washi Tape
1m Twine
3 x Set of Journal Cards
Peg
Hot Air Balloon Wood Veneer
Wood Veneer Frame - Shine
Bitty Bag
2 x Peonies 
Magnolia Flower
Wish Chipboard Word
Doily
Wire
Star Sequins

ONLY $15.00 
The first layout was quite a fun layout. I have played around with some fun photos of my girls and one of their good friends at the playground we took last month. I have created with the mixed patterns in this paper range to create pennant flags to embellish this layout. 

The title I have used hand cut the word happy and then mounted it onto some of the matching patterned paper and then hand cut it out again. 
I have also added some hand stitching to add a little detail. However you could do the same with a journal pen should you not enjoy hand stitching on your layout. 

I have then added some interest to the layout using a mix of matching buttons from my stash and one of the flairs from the kit to finish it off. 

I played around with the florals in the next layout. I loved the bolder colours in the floral pages. I have teamed that up with the bolder red orange papers from this kit to add a bit of contrast on the black cardstock. 

Once again I have created my own embellishments for this layout. I have hand cut some stars from the floral paper and then mounted them onto the bolder red orange dot paper. I have adhere them staggered using some 3D foam tape to create dimension. 

I have used a couple of stamped to add some details to a graph journal card from my stash to add a little bit extra to the page. I have then used a office paper clip and jazzed it up with washi tape. 
Super easy and fun to play with. 

The last layout I have played around with the blues and greens from the kit. I have added a journal card to this layout too. Half of the graph journal card has been stamped with a number stamp and the other half I have border punched. These I have then layered with a lined paper bag and added the wood veneer balloon for some interest. 

Once again I have played with another paper clip with washi tape. This I have added to another piece of  graph journal card and finished off with a flair from the kit.

I have finished the layout off with a few touches of washi tape to add a bit of interest. 

All three of these layouts were super easy to create and fun.

Head over to the Mad About Scrappin Facebook Page to grab one! 

Will share the next kit soon.

TFL, M xxx


No comments: