Friday, May 1, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Week 18 2015

So starts another month... 

This year is certainly whizzing by that's for sure.

Things here still are a little crazy with Calisthenics competitions coming up in a few weeks and we have now started with soccer games. However I am still making time to get some scrapping done. 

This month I have been sent this super fun paper range - Princess by Echo Park to play with on behalf of Mad About Scrappin. 
I love the combination of bright bold pinks mixed with paler pinks and grey and black. 

So this week I have created a layout using a quick photo I took of my daughter, Miss K, when we took her out for lunch after her solo performance on her birthday.
Now I must say that I thought immediately of this photo when I started to create this layout. The colours worked perfectly with the papers without having to play around with it too. much. Aside from the fact that she is know as our princess too as she is the more girlie of my three girls. (The other two are very much tom boys). So with that in mind I have created a very feminine layout showcasing the pink features of this paper range. 

I have created the layout on a base of the patterned paper cut smaller and adhered to some white card stock to frame it. I have then played around with a mix of the journal cards that are on one side of the patterned paper to add a mix of patterns for the base of my layout. It took a bit of shuffling till I was happy with placement and mix of colour. 

This paper range also has a cute range of matching stickers too which make is easy to add that little bit extra with ease. Here I have added in the castle using some 3D foam tape to adhere it for dimension. I have also played around with a mix of pink paper flowers from Mad About Scrappin to add in some floral embellishment clusters. Then finished it off with a fun paper butterfly which I have added some pearls to.

I have used one of the journal cards and a matching sticker for the title for this layout. The card said it all and work in perfectly. I have also added in some subtle coloured stitching to the layout to frame the layout on two side. Added that little bit of extra texture too.

Have you used journal cards as the base of your layouts ?

Why not give it a try.

Till next time.

TFL, M xxx





No comments: