Thursday, January 15, 2009

Woo Hoo ! I finally got to scrap !

You could have heard a pin drop in our household on Tuesday. I was so excited I almost called Troy to get him to listen to the sound of silence...lol.. bit sad I know. But after a few days of the kids being stuck inside due to extremely hot days here in Adelaide (40 degrees plus) going potty I couldn't believe the silence that had fallen over our household.
After spending the morning ducking to the shops quickly with Mum and leaving the kids home with Dad, all but the baby that is, to avoid the heat, Jhane ducked off to the movies with a friend. After Mum and Dad had left, I fed Bubs and put her and Kiah down for a sleep in their room upstairs. Nate stayed and scrapped for about half hour before following the other two down for a nap... so from about 1.15pm till about 3.30pm silence fell over the house. I really didn't know what to do with myself at first. But then the urge to scrap took over ! I managed to get a layout done for the challenge Marisa has happenening over at D2U this month.

Here's the details:

Well do you feel lucky?

I have a prize to the value of $135 to give away to one lucky customer/member.

This is how this competition works.

1. For every $30 you spend in store you will receive one entry.

2. For every new member you introduce to the forum you will receive one entry. Please make sure you introduce them so I know who gets the entry and your friend has to reply to your introduction. Then your friend can introduce a new member and get entries as well, so the more friends you introduce the more entries you get.

3. For every two projects uploaded to the gallery you will receive one entry. These can be layouts or OTP, but it has to be two different projects to qualify, not two images of the same project. So the more you upload the more entries you receive.

Also to add to your entry tally I will be holding weekly challenges, which will be announced each week in another thread.

Now this competition will commence on Thursday 8th January and go through to Saturday 14th February, so that is 5 weeks of challenges.

I will tally up the points on Sunday 15th February and announce the winner.

Now I suppose you want to know what you will win?

Major prize is a Quickutz Squeeze which includes a Stiletto Unicase Alphabet Set, plus a Quickutz Tote.

Weekly prizes are $10 instore gift vouchers.

This competition is only open to Australian residents.


So here's the criteria for week one's challenge and the layout I managed to get done for it....

Create a layout using:

1. 5 different alphabet fonts and sizes

2. Lots of buttons

3. felt

4. metal embellishments




Off to try and get some more scrapping done this afternoon. Just gotta go and fill the hungry hoards bellies to make them sleepy. LOL>..

M x

No comments: