Friday, April 10, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Week 15 2015


Hello.. hoping that everyone is having a super week.

I have been busy again using some more of this paper range by Teresa Collins - A Wonderful Life. 

Still loving this range. Love how the red really pops out. With that in mind I got to work on another piece for my daughter birthday party. This week I wanted to work on something more for the table. Looking at the red in the kit really got me thinking of Alice in Wonderland and the Queen of Hearts.

 Now with the whole tea party theme I got thinking that I wanted to alter a tea pot... So I raided my cupboard for the tea pot I just never use and decided to take the plunge. Here's what I came up with.

I must say I am pleased with how it turned out.. but it did take quite a bit of patience when I adhered the paper napkins to the shiny surface of the tea pot. I then enhanced it all with a bit of black to the top of the tea pot and spout. Then added some black ink here and there to show up the crinkle of the napkin.

Once I had adhered the sealer was completely dry I have added a paper doily and then a die cut frame as the starting base for my embellishments. I was super excited too as I manged to find a number 8 playing card in my stash which I have added a pink peg to and adhered before adding in the floral embellishments (it's my daughters' either birthday, so wanted it to be a bit symbolic).

You can see in this close up that as with the canvas I created last week I have once again used some of the paper range to create a vine. I have adhered a couple of these throughout the handle and then threaded the paper flowers from Mad About Scrappin around it as I desired. I love the super tiny aqua rose buds. They add just the tiny bit of colour pop with being too bold. I have woven a sheer white ribbon throughout the flowers too.

As you can see I have adhered the top of the tea pot on a bit tipsy giving it a bit of a wonderland feel. I have then added the famous Mad Hatter quote "Its always Tea time" printed onto card stock using the Alice in Wonderland font. this was then adhered to the teapot using 3D foam. 

I have had so much fun creating goodies for the table centre piece. I cannot wait to see it all set up and promise to share when the day come.

Till next week. 

Get creative.

TFL, M x











No comments: