Friday, April 17, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Week 16 2015

Good morning everyone.

Hoping that everyone has had a good week. 
Here it has been rather quiet with the kids visit with their Dad. I have however been able to get some scrap things sorted and finish off some of my weekly Project Life album.

I have also had a chance to get on top of all my scrap booking projects. This week I am here to share with you a layout I have created using some more of the Teresa Collins paper range 
- It's a Wonderful Life.

So here's the layout I have created this week. 
I am still trying to work on using some of the older pieces of card stock that I have in my stash. Some of the colour have just never really been my taste. However when I have bought card stock in the past I used to buy the pads of card stock. I quickly learnt that this wasn't such a great idea as I found I only really used about 5 colours in the pack. So with that in mind I am now slowly working through all the colours that I just have never used. This coloured card stock however matched perfectly with the paper range with a little bit of altering. I have lightly inked the edges with black ink and then used a graph stamp to randomly stamp the background with a stazon black ink pad that was a little dry. 

Then it was just a case of layering the patterned paper till I was happy with their positioning. Here's you can see a number piece that i have created using the same digital number stamp that I have repeated numerous times and just altered the colour of them. I have also printed the photo off as a black and white print to create a contrast with the bolder colours in this paper range. I

I have then teamed the papers with a bold red washi and a ruler patterned washi tape. this ties in the black and white theme to the colours in the paper range. I have then kept it simple with the title by using a shaped paper clip adhered onto a craft journal spot. and a large chipboard number from my stash. I then finished off the bottom right corner with a lined paper bag from one of the Mad About Scrappin's sales, a white shipping tag, another kraft journal spot and some washi to finish it all off. 

I love how the black and white on this just pops against the red based patterned paper from this range.

Was super quick to create but love it.

Have you had a chance to play this week? 

Why not have a go this weekend. 

TFL, M x

No comments: