Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Week 14 2015


Okay so HUGE apologies are due... This post WAS suppose to be up on Good Friday... 

Yes.. I admit I was very naughty and completely forgot to set it to go. I have been majorly organised this past few weeks that I had thought I had set it... but between arguing with a parking ticket meter telling it was Friday when I thought it was Saturday (it was Friday so sorry parking meter lol), juggling making 80 parcels for Easter goodies for the kids school and forgetting to even buy Easter parcels till the last minute for my own kids cause I forgot about Easter lol... We have been very busy here with so much I needed to clone myself I think..lol..

Anyways.. to prove to you that I am super organised I have created something extra special this week using some more bits and pieces from the Teresa Collins paper range.

This week I have created and Off the Page canvas. My daughter has her birthday coming at the end of this week. Because this month is a busy month with calisthenics madness we have planned a party after the school holidays. She has decided she would like an Alice in Wonderland tea party theme. So I have started to work on some centre pieces for the table settings. 


I started by covering the canvas with some torn paper napkins that matched the paper range which I adhered with a glue wash. I made sure they scrunched a bit when I adhered them to add some dimension. I then layered on a some paper doilies to break it up a little. Once it was all dry I painted the edges of the canvas black and then inked the the canvas to help some of the texture show up. 

In the bottom right corner using some of the paper from the Teresa Collins paper range I have created some paper leaf vines. I used these as the base for where I have going to embellish the canvas. Some of the vines I have strengthened on some card stock by adhering them to card stock before cutting them out. The leaves on the vines were also folded up to to form a cup and add dimension to the canvas.

I have then added in a mix of paper flowers, green ribbon and a die cut paper frame to create the embellishment cluster. 

I found a quote online which I have printed out using an Alice In Wonderland font. This I then cut out as individual words and have adhered using 3D foam. This has added a little bit of dimension. 

I have then finished off the canvas by scattering the floral area with sequins which I adhered with dimensional magic. this added that little bit of sparkle. 

I have been creating a few more things for her party which I cannot wait to share. 

Till next share.. I promise to be on time.

TFL, M x

No comments: